Google Photos app allows you to create Shared Albums which you can use for Share photos in Google Photos with family members and other friends. Let’s take a look at the process of creating Shared Albums in Google Photos and also share your photos with others.
Share Photos in Google Photos App
The ability sharing Photo Albums with others in Google Photos App can be utilized in many ways. Let’s suppose that you are on an excursion or enjoy a picnic along with friends and family. Naturally, all guests in the group are taking photos with their cameras.
When you return from your trip and you are back home, you can save your photos to an Shared Album within Google Photos and invite others to upload their photos into that Shared Album within Google Photos. In this way, everyone can view the Photos that were taken by all during your trip together.
The process of sharing photos within the Google Photos App can be broken into the following main actions.
1. Install Google Photos App on your iPhone or Android Phone
2. Create a Shared Album in Google Photos and Add Photos to it
3. Invite Family and Friends to the Shared Album
1. Install Google Photos App
If you’ve never downloaded your Google Photos App on your iPhone or Android Phone, you can install it now at the below places.
1. From Google Play Store you can download Google Photos App for Android phones.
2. From the App Store, you can download the Google Photos App for iOS devices.
After installing and downloading the appropriate Google Photos App on your device, you’re able to go onto the second step, which is to create an Shared Album using Google Photos.
2. Create Shared Album in Google Photos
After you have installed and downloaded Google Photos and downloaded the Google Photos App then you must create the Shared Album using Google Photos by following the steps.
1. Open Google Photos App on your iPhone or Android Phone.
2. Then, tap the 3 dots icon in the top-right corner of the screen. then click on Shared Album, in the menu that opens (See the image below).
3. Once you tap on Shared Album, Google Photos will prompt you to start choosing images for Your Shared Album.
4. Select Photos that you wish to share with others by tapping them. After you have selected Photos Tap on the Next button located on the top right edge of the screen (See the image below).
5. Wait for Google Photos to upload the chosen Photos into the Shared Album.
6. Next, type an appropriate name to the Shared Album and then tap the icon for X for saving your Shared Album (See below for an example).
The Album has been referred to in the form of “Shared Album” You can also refer to it in any way that is appropriate as well as describes your Shared Album in a more precise way.
3. Invite Family and Friends to Shared Album
Once you’ve created an Shared Album with Google Photos, the next step is to set your Sharing Options in order to invite other users to join the Shared Album.
1. Open Google Photos App on your iPhone or Android Phone
2. Next, tap on the Albums tab on the lower right on your display (in case you’re not yet in the Albums view)
3. On the next screen, you will be able to view all your albums in Google Photos. Click on the Shared Album that you created.
4. Next, tap on the icon of the 3-dots menu located in the upper right-hand corner of your screen , and then tap Sharing Options from the Menu that pops up (See the image below).
5. On the Sharing Options screen, you’ll have the option to Share Albums, copy Link, and Collaborate.
Share Album: If you have enabled this Share Album choice, any person who has an account linked the Shared Album is able to view all the photos within the Shared Album as well as everyone you’ve invited to your Album.
Collaboration: Once you have enabled this option, any person with an access link to your Shared Album is able upload photos and videos onto your Shared Album
Copy Link: Tapping on the Copy Link option copy the Link of the Shared Album to your Clipboard and allows you to paste this link into Email or Messaging, or another app, and forward it to other users.
After you have set up the Sharing Options Once you have configured the Sharing Options, you can click on the Copy Link option and send the Link to other users or click on the Back Arrow and return to the main screen (See above image)
6. In case you are back on home screen simply tap to share the icon at the top-right corner of your screen.
7. Tapping on the Share icon gives you a range of sharing options such as WhatsApp, Messages App, Email, Facebook and others.
Simply click on the Share option that is most suitable for you and follow the instructions for inviting your loved ones members and acquaintances to the shared Album.
Share Existing Album in Google Photos
It is not necessary to make an Shared Album from scratch so that you can Share Photos within Google Photos. You can also share an existing Album available within Google Photos by following the steps in the following steps.
1. Open Google Photos App on your iPhone or Android Phone
2. Next, tap on the Albums tab on the lower right of the screen (in case you’re not yet in the Albums view)
3. On the next screen, you will see all your albums Click on the Album you want to share with your family and friends.
4. Next, tap on the three dots icon in the upper right corner of the screen. then select the Sharing option in the menu that pops up (See the image below)
5. On the next screen, switch off the sharing options by shifting the toggle adjacent to Share Album into an the ON position (See the image below)
If you’d like to allow others to upload photos into the Shared Album by turning on the option to collaborate (See the picture above)
6. After configuring the Sharing options to your liking after which you are able to tap the Copy Link option and then send an email link of your Shared Album to anyone you’d like to Share Photos with.