Google Cloud Printing technology allows users to print files, photographs, documents and other items to your printer using the internet. To use this technology, first you must set up your printer to support Google Cloud Printing by following the instructions in the following steps.
When you have configure your printer to Google Cloud Printing, you can access your printer from anywhere around the globe and on any device (Computer tablet, mobile phone and the Chromebook).
Set Up Your Printer For Google Cloud Printing
To set up your printer to Google Cloud Printing, you’ll require an Google ID (your Gmail Account) and determine if you own an Cloud Ready Printer or a Classic printer.
The majority of newer printers are built specifically for Cloud Printing and are ready right out of the box to utilize the Google Cloud Printing technology. Google Cloud Print Technology is also compatible when used with Classic and non-cloud printers when they’re signed up with Google.
Set Up A Non Cloud Printer For Google Cloud Printing
Follow these steps to set up your traditional or non Cloud Ready Printer that can use the Google Cloud printing technology.
1. Open the Chrome browser on your personal computer.
2. In a new tab, go to chrome://devices
3. Next, click on the Add Printers button (See above image) This will bring you to the login page for the Google Account, in case you’re not logged into your.
4. Login to your Google Account using your Gmail User Name and Password.
5. Once you sign-in and sign-in, you’ll be directed into the Google Cloud Print website. Any printer linked to your PC will be identified by Google and will be listed with a tick.
6. Just click on the Add Printer(s) button to add you Classic Printer with Google. You will receive confirmation that your printer is associated with Google (See the image below).
After you have your Classic, or conventional printer has registered through Google You are now ready to print anything you want from any place to your printer registered with Google.
Create a Cloud-Ready Printer using Google
If you purchased your printer recently, the chances are that it’s an Cloud Ready printer, and it could have even already registered to Google Cloud Print.
1. Open Google Chrome browser on your computer . click three bars Menu icon in the top right-hand corner of your screen . This will display the drop-down menu.
2. From the drop-down menu, select Settings (See the image above)
3. On the Settings screen, scroll to the bottom and click the Show Advanced settings for opening or expanding Chrome’s advanced settings. (See the image below)
4. Now, scroll down the page until you click the Add Printers link in the Google Cloud Print section (See the image below).
5. You may be requested to log in on to the Google Account using your User name and password. After you have logged in, you could encounter any or more of these scenarios.
An HTML code. Most likely, you’ll find your printer under My devices. This indicates that your printer is connected to Google Cloud Print. You can click Manage to verify the printer’s already registered to use Google Cloud Print.
B. You may see your printer in the list of New devices. In this instance, click Register to follow steps to sign up your printer for Google Cloud Print.
C. It is also possible that you do not be able to see your printer on the list. In this instance, make sure you connect your printer with the Network and then go to the manufacturer’s site for specific instructions (if there are any).