If you’re concerned about your child being manipulated to buy items while engaging in games with iPhone or iPad it is recommended that you consider blocking In-App purchases on iphone.
Prevent In-App Purchases on iPhone
The purpose of In-App purchases on iPhone will allow players to purchase game credits or upgrade to paid versions of apps when they are engaged in playing an online game or trying free apps.
In-App purchases improve user experience, as they make it easier for people to purchase items without having to leave the game or shut down the App for them to buy something from App Store. App Store.
This feature, however, has resulted in a variety of cases of children making costly In-App purchases without being aware that they’re actually spending money.
The best way to safeguard yourself and your children from being fooled into purchasing items while playing games or using the free versions of the Apps is to block In-App Purchases from your device.
1. Stop In-App Purchases On iPhone
The option to turn off the In-App Purchases is hidden within the “Screen Time” feature on your iPhone. Thus, the only method to block the use of In-App Purchases is to turn on your device’s Enable Screen Time feature on your device.
1. Go to Settings > Screen Time and choose Switch on screen Time option.
2. On the next two screens, click on the Continue button > this is my iPhone scroll down and tap on the Content and Privacy Restrictions.
3. On the next screen, slide the slider in the middle of Privacy & Privacy Restrictions towards the the ON position. Then, select the iTunes & App Purchases option.
4. On iTunes & App Store Purchases screen, select In-App Purchases.
5. On the next screen, select the Don’t Allow option.
Then you’ll notice that your iPhone and iPad will show an In-App Purchases cannot be permitted message every time someone is trying to purchase game credits during the payment process or trying to upgrade to the paid version of an App installed on the device.
2. Prevent In-App Purchases on Child’s iPad or iPhone
The steps for removing In-App Purchases on a child’s iPhone are similar to the steps previously mentioned, however in the case of a child’s iPhone you will need to set up an screen time passcode.
1. Go to Settings > Screen Time and choose Switch on The Screen Time option.
2. On the next screen, click Continue and then choose This is my child’s iPhone option.
3. On the next two screens, you’ll be asked to set a timer and set app limits on the phone of your child Choose the not to do this Now option to go on to the next page.
4. On the next screen (Content and Privacy) Click Continue.
5. On the next two screens, you’ll be asked to enter and re-enter your 4-digit screen Time Passcode.
Important: Make sure you note the passcode somewhere.
6. On the next screen, you’ll be asked to enter the details of your Apple ID and Password.
7. On the next screen, scroll down , and click on Content and Privacy Restrictions. If prompted, Enter your digit Screen Time Passcode.
8. On Content & Privacy Restrictions screen, turn that toggle beside Content and Privacy Restrictions to ON and then choose iTunes & App Store Purchases.
9. On iTunes & App Store Screen, select In-App Purchases.
10. On the next screen, choose the Don’t Allow button to disable In-App purchases for your child’s iPhone.
This will stop your child from purchasing items while playing games.