Google Home device allows you to switch the voice of Google Home to Female or Male and lets you change the accent. The following are the steps for change Google Home Voice and Accent.
Change Google Home Voice to Male or Female
The option of changing Google Home Voice to Male or Female is available only to people who reside in the United States. But, with a hack for those who are not in the US can switch Google Home Voice to male or female.
1. Make sure your Google Home device is powered ON. Then say “Hey Google, change voice”
2. Your Google Home device will now be able to say “Here is an example my second voice. Would you like to have this voice?”
3. Say “Yes” to change your Google Home voice.
Another method to alter Google Home Voice is by using the Google Home App on your iPhone or Android Phone.
NOTE: This option is currently only available accessible to Google Home users residing in the United States.
1. Open Google Home App on your iPhone or Android Phone and tap on the menu with three lines.
2. From the dropdown menu, tap More Settings.
If you haven’t set up Google Assistant yet, you will be asked to set up Google Assistant. You can follow the instructions on screen to set up Google Assistant.
Notice: You cannot access the “More Settings” screen, without enabling Google Assistant.
3. On the More Settings screen, click on Preferences
4. On the Preferences screen, select Assistant Voice. Choose Voice 2 to get a Male voice, or Voice 1 to get the default female voice.
Tips: You can get an overview of what the voice will sound like by pressing the speaker icon, which is located between Voice 1 and Voice 11.
Change Google Home Accent
As we mentioned earlier, Google Home allows you to change the accent. You may choose this alternative if struggling to understand the accent of a certain person or prefer for Google Assistant speaking in a British or any other accent that is available.
1. Open the Google Home app on your phone Tap on the 3-line icon and then click on More Settings.
2. On the Settings screen, scroll to the devices and then tap the Google Home device name (See the image below)
3. On the next screen, tap on the Assistant Language
4. On the pop-up that pops up, tap the language you want to use for your Google Assistant. For instance, tapping English (UK) is going to allow your Google Assistant speak in a British accent.